Tuesday, March 1, 2011

un giorno bello

Today was especially a great day. In less that 12 hours, I ate a sweet grapefruit, went to my travel writing class, presented my favorite writing piece (though I printed my 2nd draft not my final), bumped into a friend on my way to a new bakery that's been recommended, ate a breakfast that I've been dreaming of, had a mini cupcake, a small cookie and an endless cup of coffee, appreciated a nice conversation with my friend who I convinced to tag along with one word, "cupcake;" I went to my program's office and blogged oh after discovering a yoga place next to the bakery, then I went to italian class and learned that my Italian could use some work... but then I went to the Uffizi to analyze a painting with a friend which turned into a deep conversation then a crazy one at a bar for some cafe` (none for me obviously) and then I ordered a delicious chicken panini at a bar I went into a few times and then I pulled off getting a waffle with nutella for over a euro less than the asking price on my way to the computer lab where I finished some online things and bumped into the friend I went to the bakery again, and we decided to grab a small slice of pizza so I led her to a little place where I have been before that I like because I talk to the shop owner in Italian and had another great conversation, then we said goodbye, and here I am.

My program advisors said is is not socially acceptable to smile when walking down the street but I can't help it; its plastered on like a Venetian mask I can't take off.

That was actually a harder task than I thought, trying to write one long sentence, but I wanted to parallel my writing with my sentence. Today was a crazy mess going in every which direction, just like that sentence. Nothing was planned, and it might have gone on forever, but I loved every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment