Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Quora: "What should I be when I grow up?"

As an aspiring journalist, I have been trying to utilize social media to get ahead. One site which is particularly interesting is Quora, which is essentially a more substantial version of Yahoo Answers. I am addicted. I have been writing and answering questions about my own common knowledge, sharing bits of information here and there.

As you know I'm reading the book Blink, which I know is not the most concrete source for psychology information, I have been learning about snap judgements. On Quora, you will be given a list of topics to choose from to build your interest base. I thought I would take this opportunity as a test, and I clicked the words I liked the most as quickly as possible. I have realized afterwards that most of the topics were about health, fitness, and wellbeing. Throughout the week, I would answer questions mostly about such topics, and I have realized my dream job.

I am a communications major with a concentration in journalism and need to pick a minor. I have always been interested in the sciences and was thinking of something in that, but I wasn't sure what specifically.

I've found it. Health News here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment