Thursday, March 24, 2011

Il Giorno di Sole

I woke up today in a whole new city. No, I'm not talking about how my friend and I missed our stop and ended up in the middle of nowhere and the conductors had to steam up the whole train just for us (yes, that happened). What I mean though is that the sun is shining, the air is warm, and the people are out. It is as if you bought a flower and gave it sunlight and water and waited and waited. Well, today is the day it bloomed.

Living in the city, or village as they call is, is different from when this happens at home. At home, you look out the window and see how bright the sun is. In my apartment, the buildings across the street are very close. Because of the shadows, I am unsure if it is cloudy or if I am just in a shadow. We only get an hour or so of bright sunshine until the shadows come. We'll have to get our Vitamin D by actually going outside.

And who could resist on such a gorgeous day? As I walked, the people broke out of their shells, thawing their icy moods, melting away their stress, baking their skin in the sun.

I love days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment