Friday, March 11, 2011

noises

I have never lived in a city before. Florentines consider Florence a village whereas "Rome, now that's a city." There are a few spots by the Arno that I can sit, listen to the baby waterfalls, and drown out the city sounds. The library is another obvious spot, but that doesn't seem to count. Ambulances have been driving passed my apartment building every hour on the hour, or at least thats what it seems. I haven't really realized that if you cut out all your other senses and just listened, this is where most of the culture shock is. I never thought of it that way before today. I guess this might be a little more comfortable, well I am comfortable here... I guess the way to say it is that this might be more similar if I lived in New York for eighteen years instead of a town in Jersey. I couldn't imagine going to another "village" than this one at this point in my life. Heres to making good decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment