Sunday, March 6, 2011

treating yourself well

Saturday, I woke up early even after that prosciutto lunch, and I will admit a fun legal night. I went for a nice long run, which I am remembering now I described. I'm sore today, which is a beautiful feeling. Last night, I went out for a nice meal with a friend at a local place across the river: insalata di pomodoro e spaghetti con pesto. After the delicious meal, we needed a change of surroundings so we went to a little place for tea and dessert where I had torta ciocolatta. It was just what I needed. There was a jazz band playing upstairs; it was very relaxing. Today, I let the sun warm my face. My friends and I met up with our program coordinators, and we walked for about 40 minutes to the stadium. Walking and talking, talking and laughing, laughing and walking, it did not seem that long at all. ISA did us well getting us some prime seats pretty cheap. It was a great Florentina game, matched with some great Florence weather. I stopped for a moment and held my face to the sun, smiling. Today was the first warm day in quite a while, and I ensured to enjoy it.

This weekend, I ran and worked out. I let loose a little bit (don't worry, not too much). I enjoyed two beautiful well prepared meals. I cooked for myself. I slept in. I enjoyed a nice day outside watching athletes in their element (I've been itching for my field hockey stick ever since). I cooked for myself. I had some nice conversations with some good friends.

One moment that sticks out to me from today was when we were leaving the stadium and a guy turns to my friend and I and says, "English? Where ya'll from?" Having moments like that, and talking about American culture whether it be 90's cartoons, the Jackass movies, Viva la Bam episodes, different bands, whatever, its funny how people can come together.




I thought of my friend working at Disney for the semester because "its a small world after all." (I'm corny, I know, but its true)

No comments:

Post a Comment