Monday, March 21, 2011

my butt hurts.

Horseback riding day today. I'm exhausted so I'll keep this short.

I met a lot of people again today, some my age studying abroad, some families. They were from all over, Australia, Paris, Midwest of the States.

Horseback riding through the hills of Tuscany really is exactly how you picture it: hills, vineyards, sun, breeze... My horse, Sami, was a former race horse (they knew I had riding experience). After the trail, which got muddy and a little scary when my horse got spooked by a car, I got to do what I always wanted. Me, a horse, a ring, and the beautiful scenery. I took an easier horse out, Emily. She was so smooth.

A glass of red wine, or two, or three later (kidding, just one), we went to Montereggione, a castle medieval town for a lunch of bruschetta, prosciutto, cheese, peppery four cheese gnocchi, spaghetti and spinach and cheese, more wine, and bread, all of which olive oil was drizzled on. This was followed by a wine and honey tasting. You can't scream yum any louder.

Smelling like a horse, I relaxed after the long day in yoga class. Seriously, walking around Florence like that, with my eye pink from the dust of the farm in my contact, with my old leggings ripped from riding, my hair a mess, I thought about what I would think if I saw me on a street. Wow.

A hot meal and a shower later, all I want is to sleep. Good night world.

1 comment: