Tuesday, February 22, 2011

the market

Questa mattina, ho andata al mercato fresco. I have been to a fresh market before in Florence, as well as the fresh produce shops and butchers around the corner from my apartment, but I recently discovered a cheaper market.

I love the feeling of the market. The atmosphere is lively. There is the bustle of people and colors and sweet fruit smells mixing with more tart crisp veggies in the air. It is busy, but relaxing. I could walk in circles for hours looking and pricing and sampling and buying and tasting. Its a wonderful place to practice Italian too!

Coming out of the market, I saw a puppy and did the typical Kelly response, going up and asking "come si chiama?" or in english "what is their name?" My friend always makes fun of that because I disregard the owner and their name. The white short haired puppy was named Bungo. Yes, its strange but cute.

I think its funny that Italians do not keep their dogs on leashes, and bring them everywhere, but they do walk their cats on leashes. It makes me feel like I'm in a children's book where everything is topsy turvy.

No comments:

Post a Comment