Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bar Scene

Last night, I went out to a bar and met some pretty interesting locals. A few were from all over Italy but for the most part, they were all locals. Some of the people I met would continue asking me questions in simple Italian, begging for me to speak Italian with them. After being put on the spot once or twice, I finally opened up and spoke the language.

I did meet one person who was Italian that I spoke english with. It was a nice change of pace not only talking in my naive language, but also having a conversation more than where are you from and do you have any siblings. We talked about everything from Italian politics to American stereotypes to Religion. It was nice. I now understand why my professors are encouraging us to speak with locals and try to find Italian friends instead of swarming around Americans 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment