Wednesday, February 23, 2011

class. exercise 2. boo.

http://www.socialmedia.biz/

This site features an article entitled "Social media marketing: Facebook & Twitter aren’t enough." The article shows how many people are consuming this product of social media, which is, in fact, a product. The facts and statistics are unreal: "Social media spending is estimated to be 10% of marketing budgets in 2011 (source: CMO Survey by Duke University)." Many platforms of social mediums are discussed from the 100+ million user networks such as facebook, twitter, linkedin and youtube to the up and comers being Posterous, StackExchange, Namesake, Quora, FourSquare, Hunch, Forrst, Dribbble. The site itself was made to encourage innovation and to support social media, to provide tips to make it easier for people to continue to use these sites and to thrive and grow with them.

One aspect to social media that I personally have a problem with is procrastination. I feel as though many of us do. I have found this website to help those of us with procrastination to learn the difference between good and bad procrastination. I have always found it funny that in real life, I do not procrastinate, but online, I just can't help it. For those of you in my public with the same problem:

http://www.paulgraham.com/procrastination.html

No comments:

Post a Comment