Thursday, February 17, 2011

the everyday

Let's face it. Not everyday is going to be life changing. It's a sad, but true fact. What I think is important however, is learning to appreciate the everyday wonders.

Today, I woke up, and it was raining. Not to be a complete optimist, but sometimes, a rainy day is nice. At the very least, it will make you appreciate the next sunny day.

After class, I went for a walk in the rain with a friend. We discovered a hidden cafe` and hang out spot, shared tag discoveries, and had a nice talk over coffees. Honestly, today is not a day I will remember forever, but that doesn't necessarily matter. The days of being happy with where you are, the feeling, that is something that will last. That's what matters.

So many times, I go from place to place, without slowing down and really looking at where I am at. I have walked by the same Oil Shoppe hundreds of times in the last three weeks, and just today, I saw the menu and realized the amazing value. I have walked passed the same clothing shoppes, and just today noticed the very unique scarfs at such a good price. Its amazing what a person can really see, if they just slow down.

There are a lot of people out there who tourist travel. People who travel to see the big sights, get bored, and move onto the next location. I hope that some of them slow down once or twice, and really experience where they are at. It would be a shame to miss.




No comments:

Post a Comment