Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Good Guys

I have realized on this trip how nice guys can really be. I guess from growing up in New Jersey, I would tolerate a lot from guys. No more! I cannot say that every guy I have met here is nice, and of course there are those infamous Italian catcalls, but even the friendships I have made with American guys here taught me something. Some of them reinforced what I already knew , but some of them definitely proved that there are genuinely good guys in the world, guys who are funny and also kind, considerate, respectful, happy people. They bring out the best in you and always make you smile. Do not get me wrong, I know there are guys like this at home, but I feel like I find that so much more here, though the group is a mix of people from all over the country. Being around people like this, male and female, makes me want to surround myself with people like that forever. Live is too short not to. Plus, I hope this trait rubbed off on me, and now I can be one of those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment